Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ed Hartwell on Ray Lewis

I haven't posted too much on this topic, because I don't usually like to get into this kind of thing. But this one is getting blown out of proportion. There have been a few posts saying Ed said he didn't get anything from Ray, etc. etc. What he said wasn't GREAT, but wasn't that bad either Here it is: From Falcons Chat

MO: Somebody who you also learned some lessons from in Baltimore is Ray Lewis. You knew we were going to have to talk about Ray. Ghoticov in the FalconsChat room asks:

"Can you also talk about what you've taken from Ray Lewis?"

Hartwell: I think, from him and Singletary, really just how you go about your business. Coming in, I knew how to play football. You're going to learn the tweaks and the different things that you're going to learn on your way. So I wouldn't really say he made me a better football player playing football, but just putting the whole thing together as far as football and everything in order to be a complete football player, that's what I'd say I can take from Ray.

"Do you look to prove anything tomorrow against your former teammates?"

Hartwell: It's special, but I wouldn't say I want to prove something to them.

"Ed you played in the 3-4 defense last year in Baltimore, you were second on the team in total tackles next to Ray Lewis. What influence do you expect 4-3 here in Atlanta to have your production? In your mind, what are some of the benefits in switching to a 4-3?"

Hartwell: Well, first of all, actually, I went back and I looked at the eye in the sky and I actually led the team with 187 and he [Ray Lewis] had 178.
This is disappointing. I don't really remember him as a prick, but maybe I wasn't paying attention? I guess we will see how it goes in a few hours.........

Update: Did I hear they were inducting him (Hartwell) into the ring of honor today? I wonder if that will change after he has brought some heat this week.





No comments: