Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Very average QB

Joe Flacco has been exciting to watch at times this year, but he has also been downright awful at times. I thought I would look at some stats to see where he fell across the league. The results aren’t overwhelming, they weren’t underwhelming. I guess they were just…whelming.

He is 13th overall at yards per game with 2132. Bested by the likes of Henne and McNabb (Really? I thought better) but barely beating the likes of Favre (more impressive last season) and Sanchize.

At 18th in completion percentage (there were several ties), he wallows in the company of Kitna, Cutler, and Freeman.

At only 21st in pass attempts, I would say that is more a stat about the play calling, or perhaps the success of the running game. That’s in the company of Favre and Rothlisberger, yes the guy suspended the first four games. Perhaps he deserves the ball more.

Some other interesting stats:
10th – Touchdowns – 16
15th – Interceptions – 7
10th – 1st Downs – 110 (tie with Matt Ryan)
9th – 1st Percentage – 37% (Better than Eli, VY, Brees, Brady, and Vick)
26th – 40+ yd passes (This frustrates me the most, lousy stat considering the WR’s but you have heard that from me before)
14th – Sacks – 16
16th – QB Rating – 90.1

All things considered, these stats aren’t alarming. In a year where standouts simply don’t exist, average is good.

No comments: