Monday, September 10, 2007

Gearing Up...

After enjoying a large majority of games on Sunday afternoon, I finally got my football fix. Thanks to DirecTV’s Sunday Ticket and my local sports bar’s 50 TV’s, I had the unequivocal privilege of watching most of the games on TV. It was like sensory overload. Within moments I saw 5 teams kick off in five different cities. I love technology. I paid most attention to the Atlanta Minnesota game, while keeping a close eye on the Cleveland Pittsburgh game, got to watch those division boys.

For Atlanta, it’s going to be a long year. I am guessing 4 and 12. I thought for sure that the Vikings were going to be one of those four. Still, I am expecting Harrington and crew to put something together. As far as the Vikings are concerned, Jackson and Peterson both looked good enough to keep hope alive and the strong Minnesota defense held Harrington to only three points.

I can’t say I watched much else than the score in Cleveland. But 34-7 pretty much tells the tale. Either Cleveland sucks or Pittsburgh is scary good. Or it could be a combination of the two. Derek Anderson showed that his not being a starter may have been a mistake, and Jamal Lewis did what Jamal Lewis does. Hit the hole hard and drop the ball. That was all I saw of him I should say.

As the Raven’s gear up for Cincinnati, I am wondering if they will click. All of the teams in the NFL have talent, whether or not they click together is the question. On paper many of the teams that lost on Sunday looked as if they should have done better, but the many variables of an NFL game are what makes it so interesting. So what Raven team will we see tonight? I guess that depends on which Bengals team shows up. GO RAVENS!!

No comments: